Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New pregnancy, new blog

I have to say that I am kind of sad to be leaving livejournal. I had my blog over there for years, since before I got married. Its been kind of dead though, and I have left it abandoned for probably close to 2 years, with just the occasional random update. I'm hoping to update a little more now, if anyone chooses to actually read it.
So I'm having baby number 2. My son Logan is just over 2 years old, so I'm going to have a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn. So I'm terrified, but excited.
So far this pregnancy has been anything but easy. I started with morning sickness around 4 1/2 weeks, and it continued until sometime around 12 weeks or so. I also had a subchorionic hematoma, which caused bleeding and cramping until around the same time. So from about 6 weeks until 12 weeks, I did little but sit on my couch, going back and forth between concentrating on not throwing up, and being terrified that I was going to lose the baby. Then about 2 weeks ago, someone flipped a switch. The nausea went away, the hematoma is gone, and we saw our beautiful little baby just chillin out sucking its thumb! I'm so relieved and glad that I can focus my attention on more important things, like hunting for horseshoe crabs with Logan. I feel like a human being again.
So I guess this blog, at least for now, will be mostly about being pregnant with a toddler and coping with going from having just 1 child to 2.

No comments: